Got questions for me about shopping, beauty, fashion, food, party planning, parenting, etc? This is where I will answer them.
I do my best to answer each question sent in by my readers. Some of them may be confidential in nature and cannot be published on this blog, but others deserve a spot right here on this page. So don’t be bashful now. Use the form on the “Contact MyMy” page and ask away!
September 23, 2012
I was just wondering, what beauty products you take with you when you have to be on-the-go or you’re in a hurry and you just have to do your makeup when you’re out. Thanks!
If I’m in a hurry and have no other choice but to have to do my beauty regimen either in the car or in a bathroom somewhere, these are definitely the things I would grab and take with me:
Top Row (L-R):
- Oil Blotting Tissue – when I’m on the go and I don’t know if I’ll always have time to run to the powder room to freshen up, a roll/pack of oil blotting tissue helps keep my face shine-free wherever I may be.
- Pond’s Age Miracle Intensive Cell ReGEN Serum – I’ve been a Pond’s baby for years and this serum has just worked wonders for my skin that’s why I’m so loyal to it. I use it day and night as a moisturizer. It works great as a primer too.
- Clarins Advanced Extra-Firming Eye Contour Serum – this has been my favorite eye firming product for many years now and it has in fact slowed done the appearance of fine lines around my eyes. I never fail to put this on after cleansing my face and before I put on any makeup.
- Avalon Organics Vitamin C Soothing Lip Balm – to keep my lips smooth and hydrated
- Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35 (Light) – this is my favorite 5-in-1 product ever! It’s a moisturizer, primer, concealer, foundation and sunblock all rolled into one!
- Garnier BB Eye Roll-On – this is my most recent discovery and I fell in love with it instantly! It conceals dark eye circles and bags in a flash. A truly amazing product to have when I need to quickly brighten up my eyes. It’s infused with natural ingredients but the caffeine in it is what depuffs the eyes.
- Benefit Stay Don’t Stray Eyeshadow and Concealer Primer – one product I can truly count on to keep my eyeshadow and under-eye concealer in place
- Laura Mercier Undercover Pot – I just love this concealer!
- Dental Floss – for times when I can’t bring a toothbrush with me, at least I bring some floss to avoid embarrassing moments of having food stuck in between my teeth
- Kleenex Hand and Face Moist Wipes – very handy when I need to clean my hands or face
Middle Row (L-R):
- Bulgari Omnia Amethyste – one of my most favorite scents and perfect for day and evening wear
- Laura Mercier Lip Glace (Sweetheart) – I love the subtle hint of shimmer mixed with the baby pink hue, and I love the deliciously sweet scent too. This is my choice for day wear.
- Laura Mercier Lip Pencil (Naked) – I use this not only to line but also to fill in my lips so that my lip color will last longer
- Chanel Rouge Allure (Passion) – this is a quick way to vamp up my look for impromptu evening meetups with friends or dinner date with Hubby because of its ultra sexy, Marilyn Monroe-ish shade.
- Benefit Posie Tint Lip & Cheek Stain – for quickly bringing some color to my cheeks and lips; I love this shade ’cause it gives my cheeks a natural-looking glow
- Benefit They’re Real Mascara – this mascara really adds volume and length to my lashes, and it’s especially great if I’m going for a more natural look when wearing falsies are out of the question
- Shu Uemura Lash Curler – the best lash curler ever! I don’t use any other
- Benefit Brow Zings – I just find the size and the inclusion of two mini-brushes and a pair of tweezers very convenient for travel
- Smashbox Eye Shadow Trio (Macro Lens) – I love the simplicity and versatility of this palette. I can go from day to night just with this eye shadow.
- Laura Mercier Touch Up Brush Collection – just in case the need for brushes arises, at least I’ll always be ready with these travel size brushes
Thank you for sending in your question. Hope you find something here that interests you enough to wanna try it out. Let me know how it turns out for you and which item wins you over.