My passion for baking began when I was a little girl, about nine or ten years old. I used to hang out a lot in my aunt’s house and she had a collection of old magazines with tons of homemade baked goods recipes, accompanied by mouthwatering pictures. I remember copying the recipes to my notebook or if I didn’t have a notebook with me then, I would secretly tear the page right off the magazine (oops… I guess the secret’s out now, huh?)! Sorry, Tita! (LOL)
Anyway, I just kept all those recipes away in a box since we didn’t have an oven in my house so they were practically useless to me then. When I eventually managed to buy a personal portable oven of my own in my twenties and tried some of the recipes I had been fantasizing about all those years, I knew I was completely hooked. Much to my surprise too, I realized how good I was at it! Baking was my thang! Oh, yeah!!!
Over the years, I never stopped seeking to develop my skills. I read books, watched baking demos on TV, subscribed to baking blogs and even attended classes to learn from the best pastry chefs in the country.
Step-By-Step Baking by Caroline Bretherton
One of the pastry books I have and treasure like gold is the Step-By-Step Baking by Caroline Bretherton. In fact, I shared a photo of this book on my Instagram account last month, captioning it with:
#StepByStepBaking by Caroline Bretherton is my most cherished pastry #cookbook evah!!! It’s so complete!
…and it is so true! Here’s a quick look at what’s inside this awesome book:
“Make sure your baking rises to every occasion. Whether you want to produce the perfect tart, bake a cake fit for a king or serve up a soufflé that won’t sink, Step-by-Step Baking guides you through 350 baking recipes for every occasion. 80 classic recipes are fully illustrated with step-by-step instructions to ensure you’re always on the right track and variations help you add a modern twist. Clear instructions, essential information on ingredients and advice on equipment and storage will help you bake with confidence and have your friends and family begging for more. From sweet to savoury, Step-by-Step Baking is the one baking bible that you shouldn’t be without.”
So as promised, I am giving away a copy of this book to one lucky MyMy Blog reader! Woohoo!!!
Here’s what you got to do for a chance at winning your own Step-By-Step Baking by Caroline Bretherton:
Simply upload and publish a photo of one (or a combination of two or all three) of the following on your Facebook and/or Twitter account:
- A photo of you baking (solo, with your family, or with your friends)
- A photo of your baked masterpiece (baked by you personally) or of your favorite baked goods (not baked by you)
- A photo of you enjoying (eating, not smashing it on your friend’s face!) your favorite baked goods (baked by you personally or otherwise)
2. Caption your photo by telling me why you are passionate about baking (or if you haven’t baked before, why you are interested in learning).
3. If you’re posting on Facebook, add this statement at the end of your caption: “#MyMyBlog is giving away a copy of Step-By-Step Baking by Caroline Bretherton!”. Don’t forget to tag Myla Upshaw (@Myla<space>Upshaw).
5. Let me know that you have joined this Freebie Friday contest by posting your full name and the permalink(s) to your entry/entries in the comment box below this post.
- To get the permalink for your post on Facebook, on your Timeline, click on the timestamp for your post. It’s found right below your name and says (for example), “MyMy Upshaw shared a link 22 hours ago“. Click on where it says (for example) “22 hours ago“. It will lead you to a page with just that single post on it. The URL of that page is the permalink. Copy that and paste it on the comment box below.
- To get the permalink for your tweet on Twitter, click on “Expand” right below your tweet, then click “Details”. It will lead you to a page with just that single tweet on it. The URL of that page is the permalink. Copy that and paste it on the comment box below.
6. You need to only submit one photo a day with a minimum of two (2) but a maximum of seven (7) different photos. Identical photos posted on Facebook and Twitter will be counted as one entry.
7. Deadline for this Freebie Friday contest is on Friday of next week, September 6th, at exactly 12 noon Manila time.
So what are you waiting for? Let’s get on with it and LET’S BAKE!!!
Like What You See Here?
I’m really working hard to provide you some great content! If you like what you see in this post (or any page or post of my site), I’d appreciate it if you’d take a few moments and bookmark the page(s) or post(s) you like on one or more of your favorite bookmarking and web 2.0 websites. Doing so only helps me continue to grow and build more content for you!
Simply select the social bookmarking site(s) of your choice on the using the toolbar my techie-geek-hubby has provided for you on the left side of this post and every other page and post on this site, and click on it to share or bookmark the post. Thanks in advance for helping me out!